Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Very First Blog




Welcome to the very first blog I have ever written. I decided to start the blog because I wanted our friends and family to see what we are up to as we take our lives out west. During the first 6 months of our marriage John and I have put our house on the market, sold our house, moved to an extended stay hotel, scattered our stuff among a storage unit and our parents house, lived with friends and family, and quit our jobs in Lexington. All of this craziness made for an eventful 6 months but much like the last 9 years we made it through with little serious injury.

Now our real journey is about to begin. In 12 short days John and I will get in the car and start our adventure out West. In case you want to follow along on the Atlas (Herman), we will leave from Nashville (after Katie's wedding) and drive to Texas. Once in Texas we will take refuge for the night with John's aunt. We will then make a 15 hour drive from Texas to Phoenix to stay with my sister and her family. We will get 2 non-stop days of fun with the one and only Braxton (my nephew) plus my grandmother and mom will be there visiting. This trip should inspire an interesting blog on waiting to have children but we will wait and see. On Wed. the 13th of Jan. we will make our final journey to CA, more specifically Aliso Viejo, CA (beside Laguna Beach).


We will be taken in by my sister's generous friend and hopefully will not overstay our welcome for the short time we should be there. Since John and I have never been to southern CA we will spend some time sightseeing and deciding where we would like to live for this next chapter in our lives. I will also spend the next couple months looking for a job (that is right we aren't moving there for work, neither of us has a job yet). I will still be working for my current job from CA though because they have yet to replace me. John will spend the first month working with his Dad in BG before he comes to CA permanently. It won't be fun for us to be across the country from each other for that time but since he moved to Yosemite and WY for a few months after college and left me in KY we will call it even.


I am someone that doesn't usually look for change and generally likes things to remain the same but deep down there is an adventurous soul in me. There is a part of me that never wants to hold back experiencing something because I am afraid of it. I don't really believe in failure and try not to let it be an option so once we decided that we wanted to live somewhere warm and beautiful it was only a matter of time. Don't get me wrong if the good Lord hadn't willed it this adventure would have never gotten started. Our house might have not sold, we might not have found a place to stay, I might not have been able to hold on to my job for a little while, all these things came together in a way that only the Lord could have made happen. It sometimes makes me wonder what he has planned for John and I out there because he has worked hard to get us there and so I figure there is a reason. Hopefully this blog won't end on Jan. 14th with us getting there and hating it or having to come back due to a miserable failure. I am not worried about that though because I really feel deep down that this is right for us and we are so blessed to even be in a place where we can begin this journey.


I ask for everyone's prayers as we get on the road and encounter so many changes. Please pray for us to arrive safely, to find jobs, to find somewhere to live, and to be happy. I don't think blogs are suppose to be several pages long but I will get better. I figure you always have more to say in the first one. I would say I will write the blog more than John but maybe he will surprise you occasionally. I can't wait to add some pictures and videos from our trip. More to come.

2 comments:

  1. Terrific first attempt! I can tell you were a child of Kentucky's education as you are a good writer. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya pal! I just read all your blogposts in one sitting! I love it! keep it coming. I will check your blog very frequently and expect you to stay on top of things... more emailing yourself blogs from work! that'll do the trick! and I would just like to say I am happy to have been a feature of your blog :) yay!!!

    ReplyDelete