Thursday, March 4, 2010

We are both workin folk now

I have slowed down on my blogging lately so I am hoping that if I start writing something will come to me. I have been busy at work this week so after I stare at the computer all day I don’t want to run home and jump on it. I have been waking up an hour early to help train my replacement at Alltech and then working like 10 or 11 hour days at my current job so I pretty much come home and just crash. Which I hate. I want to be one of those people that comes home after work cheery and full of energy but once I get comfortable on that couch I am like a rock. I am hoping that once the days get longer and there is still some sun light to enjoy after work that I will change my ways.
One big update is that John got a job. He is working in an electronic parts warehouse here in San Clemente. This is great for several reasons, we both work right beside each other and have about a 3 mile commute to work. John said we won’t be commuting together though and I am fine with that. If I was ready to leave at 5 and he had to work late that would be annoying. He works with lots of guys his age and they play sports during lunch and seem to be his type of people. John has also gone out of his way to start befriending our neighbors in our apartment building. I prefer to let someone I am friends with make new friends and then I just become friends by association but with less akward work, this is what I did in college. He is trying to get everyone together for a cookout Sat. but there is a good chance of rain, boo. He needs some guys in his life so I am happy for his new aquaintences.
We have also tried out 2 new churches over the past couple weeks, we are still on the hunt for the right fit.
We have also tried out several local restaurants, the top rated pizza place and top rated donut place. John is not a Chicago style pizza fan so the donut place was probably the bigger hit. We walked to both of these places so I am sure we burned off all the calories.
We also ordered some tall patio furniture and I got a basket for my bike so mark those 2 things off our list.
The weather is in a pattern that seems to cause it to rain on Sat. so lets all pray that this changes soon because I am tired of it. I really don’t want it to rain next weekend because Kristy is coming to visit and we need some nice beach weather. She only has 2.5 months left to go until baby boy number 2 arrives.
A couple quick movie reviews:
Law Abiding Citizens – I didn’t know what this movie was about before we started watching it but I heard it was good. I agree I also thought it was a really good movie and I like Gerard Butler (who is in everything and I am not sure how to spell his name). Very important warning in case you didn’t know it is a very gory movie, lots of killing and lots of blood right from the start. Realistic looking dead bloody stuff so be prepared.
Stepfather – John picked it, we would both probably say skip this one. If you saw the John Travolta and Vince Vaughn stepfather movie you have pretty much seen this movie. It is not bad if you don’t my the same old cheesy plot which I can watch but it is nothing new.
The Crazies – We saw this one in the theater and it is definitely scary. It was really good and really scary, I screamed out loud several times during the movie. It reminded me of a combo of that monkey outbreak movie and Zombieland. John didn’t agree with this analysis but he also thought it was a really good movie.
I am ready to see Up in the Air and The Informant so I am sure I will have reviews for them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment