


So last weekend John and I decided to go hiking. John had mentioned that he would like to do a trail with a waterfall so I found some trails with waterfalls and read some reviews and there was one only like 30 min. away. Since I wanted to go the beach that day I thought this 3 mile hike would quick and then we would just spend the rest of the day laying out. I had read online that the road to the trail head was very bumpy but if you didn’t drive it was like a 4.5 mile walk to the trail head. So we started driving up the trail but about 2 miles in it was getting very bumpy and the clearance on a Passat isn’t that great. So we got out and thought we will just walk like 2 miles to the trailhead and then it is like a 3 mile round trip trail, no big deal. As we walked to the trailhead there was no shade and it was taking a lot longer than 2 miles to get to the trail. I would say we walked about 4 miles to get to the trail head. We noticed all the trucks and SUVs driving past us and decided we would be hitching a ride back down. About a mile in to our walk we had to cross a stream running over the road and my shoes got very wet. So the whole hike I am describing I did with my shoes soaking wet and my toes shriveled up. We finally got to the point in the trail where everyone parked their cars to start their easy hike. We then realized that it was another 1 mile to the trailhead and then a 1.5 mile hike to the waterfall. John wanted to just stop but I was determined a this point to see the waterfall. The trail to the waterfall was very neat and super cute but the waterfall was very unimpressive. On top of that some lady and her daughter positioned themselves right in front of the waterfall so you couldn’t really enjoy it without looking through them. Since the bugs were hanging out at the waterfall we made a quick departure. It took us about 2 hours to get to the waterfall from the car. We hike back out and walk another mile before we start trying to hitch hike. The first couple SUVs pass us by, they had kids so we didn’t hold it against them. Then my savior came in the form of a shirtless man in a range rover. It was a guy and girl, not married, who had been hiking a longer trail near the waterfall. He had a perfectly detailed new Range Rover and let John and I get in. Our muddy (wet) feet made huge footprints on his spotless black floormats. I felt bad about it until just for fun he drove us through a huge mud hole. John and I both could have kissed him. John was thoroughly hiked out. We then had to drive 2 miles at a snail’s pace to get to the main road. We ate breakfast at like 9:30 and now it is like 3:30 so we were hungry and tired. We passed our savior on the main road headed to the interstate, he had put his shirt back on. We were both pretty tired when we got back and it was like 4 so the beach didn’t happen. I think we will plan our next hike a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment