Well today is my official birthday but since it is on a Monday I celebrated all weekend. Friday I got home from work and John and hung some birthday banners to set the mood for the weekend. Then we hung out until our dinner reservation at 8:30. John had made reservations at a new restaurant in town, Rocco’s, and we had a great dinner. We came home and finished off my cake from the cheesecake factory which I went to with coworkers that day. Then I got one of my birthday gifts. John bought us a screen print picture to hang in our living room. It is a picture of the pier in front of our house at sunset and is very pretty and crisp. It is like looking out of a window.
Saturday morning we got up and drove to Oceanside to a good breakfast place we had read about. There was a 40 min. wait but it was worth it because it was very delicious. We came back and relaxed and then I went to the beach to read while John got stuff ready for my birthday. When I got back from the beach John informed me that he had planned a party for my birthday that night. He had to tell me so I could help straighten up and get ready before people got there. We had over several of his coworkers and their dates and some of our neighbors. We had a great meal and then John surprised me with an awesome birthday cake. That day he also gave me my other birthday gift. Our neighbor paints and we had seen some of his work and liked it so he bought us a piece of his art to go above our bed. It is kind of an abstract wave and is very cool. That night we went to a bar in town to see some karaoke entertainment but made it home by 11. We are really wild.
Sunday we got up early and went to church and then had to come home and clean up after the party. This is when you wish you had a dishwasher. They closed off a street near our house for the San Clemente festival that Sunday. There are lots of bands, games, contests, and food. We did that for a couple hours and then relaxed that afternoon.
John was so cute. He bought all the food for the party Saturday and hung lights up outside. He gave me gifts all week and had treats planned. He really did so much I just felt guilty for not doing more on his birthday. I missed not having my KY friends here to celebrate with us but John really showed how much he cares this week. What a lucky girl I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment