So last weekend kind of started on Wednesday night because we had company come to visit. John parents came and stayed with us from Wed. night to Sunday morning. Our apartment never really feels small to me until we have company. 930 sq feet is ok for 2 but once you get to 4 you better be prepared to be in each others face. I kind of new this from our last visitors and you read how well I dealt with that in a previous blog. But this time I was prepared to defeat my anxiety and not let stress defeat me. (On a side note I have been researching a name for my anxiety because when I can call it something it helps, so far I would call it anxiety neurosis but I pretty much already knew this. It is just nice to read the symptoms and be like ok that’s me, I am not alone because if it has a name then lots of people have it.) I didn’t feel any stress with John’s parents coming, my only major undertaking was wanting to get some shelves hung and they turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. It was a busy time at work for me, those do occasionally come around, and so I had a couple full days of work on Thur. and Friday during their visit. On Wed. night John picked up his parents and we went to dinner. The place we went was very good the first time but this time it was just ok. John ordered the Tuna tartar which I told him he wouldn’t like but he insisted and what do you know he hated it and pouted about it. Luckily I made a big chocolate trifle dessert and so we could fill up on that. Here is a link to the recipe (I will start trying to do this for any good recipes I make)http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Trifle/Detail.aspx Thursday John’s parents drove around Laguna and Newport while we worked and then when I got off I made dinner, needless to say I was very tired by the end of the day and there was an early bedtime. Friday John’s parents headed over to Catalina Island to explore while we were at work and then we all went out to dinner that night at Sonny’s, it is the most fabulous Italian restaurant and our food was great. The weather was also great which made sitting outside very enjoyable. We had enough food for 2 meals so John and I have been enjoying lots of leftovers. I also made another Coffee Cake that we devoured over the next 3 days, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cinnamon-Coffee-Cake-II/Detail.aspx?src=etaf
Saturday morning everyone was still full from dinner so we waited until lunch to pick up Mexican from one of our favorite little places and it was bomb diggity and hit the spot. Then to walk off a little of our burritos we walked over to a historical place in town called Casa de Romantica, it was the former home of the founder of San Clemente. They have lots of pretty gardens, good views of the pier, and were having a special Nixon exhibit. Finally it was time to head to the beach so we packed up John’s surf board and headed to his favorite surfing spot. Once we got there we found out that they were having a special paddleboard competition and surfing wasn’t going to be an option so we drove back to our house and found a spot by the pier. John tried to do a little surfing but it wasn’t really his type of waves. After a little beach time John and I headed to the local butcher shop and got some meat and sides for a cookout that night. It was a great meal and we finally finished off all the desserts.
Sunday morning was the local art fair and farmers market so we got up early and consumed a delicious breakfast at the bagel shack and then walked around to see all the vendors. John’s parent had to head to the airport at 10:30 so I let them hit the road and I had to hit the road for my 18 mile run that day. It was very overcast Sunday which was nice for running but the clouds have now lasted 3 days. I finished my run and walked straight in to the ocean to help my hurting muscles. It is painful to run 18 miles so I don’t know how I am doing 26 in 2 weeks. Since I didn’t want to do a lot of moving and it was cloudy we headed to the movies, we saw The Town, which I liked, and we consumed a medium buttery popcorn with candy. Hey you need some carbs after a long run right?
I showed John how laid back I am becoming by resisting the urge to strip the sheets and start cleaning up and I just told myself I would wait a couple of days. I know I am so laid back.
During the weekend we also made better friends with our part-time cat. John actually bought her some food so that she would come around more often. We haven’t done any checking we are just assuming it is a girl. Also while I was out of the house you can see from the picture above that John let her have free reign of the apartment. I pet her again on Sunday but she hasn’t been over much since, probably due to the rain.
We are going to Phoenix this weekend to see Braxton who just turned 3, then we run our marathon the week after that, and then I will have 5 lovely friends visiting from KY the week after that, I am very excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment