Monday, January 17, 2011

Hello 2011

Hello out there, whoever you are. So if you are one of the few that reads my blog you might have wondered where I had gone. The truth is I have been working. The more I have to do at work the less blogging gets done. I considered giving up the blog for 2011 but since a couple of people commented on my absence I was inspired to keep going. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by how far behind I am with my weekend updates and since it would be to difficult to get caught up I am just going to start fresh. This blog will be an easy start because it was an uneventful weekend. Uneventful unless you count the mass amounts of sun and warmth. I went to the beach and laid out both days. Sat. was really warm like 80 but Sun. was a little cooler, like 74. I spent both days reading and walking on the beach, who could ask for more.
John was very caught up in sports this weekend so I spent most of my time alone on the beach but that made for some good reading. We went to a new place on Sat. for breakfast, Ruby's diner. It was on a rooftop in downtown San Juan Capistrano and had a great view of the hills and San Juan mission. We had a gift card so that made it even better. We decided since it is now 2011 we are stopping our no restaurant repeat rule. Which meant we could walk to a great Chinese restaurant close to our house and we had a great dinner. They do the food family style there and it is great. It might have also been because we both skipped lunch that day and were starving. I actually made us a smoothie for lunch but that isn't really food. John went to the Lakers/Clippers game on Sunday, might I mention our Clippers are on an amazing 2 game winning streak, so I was on my own Sunday. I should also comment here that John went to the Clippers/Heat game with his dad on Wed. and said it was the best NBA game he had ever seen and our Clippers won, who would have thought.
Another great thing happened on Sunday, I came across the largest head of romaine lettuce I have ever seen. It is worthy of its very own blog posts but I will definitely add a picture soon, even better it was only $2. I took a great beach walk and then John got back from the game and made us dinner. We grilled burgers and zucchini and had roasted new potatoes, it was so good. He also bought a new Ben and Jerry's ice cream, cinnabon, or something like that. It was amazing but I only ate 3 spoonfuls so I felt like a champion.
I haven't been able to run since the marathon in October because my knee is messed up and I am finally going to the doctor tomorrow, I hope he has some good advice. I also have a cupcake baking class in Anaheim on Sunday, which I got with a groupon, those groupons are dangerous. I am excited to learn some new tricks before my guests all come in Feb. Well this is enough of a start back to blogging, we will call it a warm up.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Thanks for writing a new entry on your blog. The Kentucky connection is always glad to read about your adventures with John! Enjoy all the days on the beach and be sure to go barefoot and get the sand between your toes for me!

    ReplyDelete