Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Two nice outdoorsy weekends






So I thought I would do a recap of the last 2 weekends in one blog even though they each probably deserve their own.
Two weekends ago was full of ups and downs. Friday night I was exhausted from have company the past few weeks and lots of stuff going on at work so all I wanted to do Friday night was relax. I had to go to physical therapy after work Friday but then I came home and sat on my wonderful couch. John agreed to do me a solid and went and picked up some Chinese takeout. I poured myself a glass of wine and didn't move the rest of the night. Other than John spilling the Chinese all over the place on his way in from the car the food was OK, not my favorite. We put a dent in our DVR shows that had built up and fell asleep early. Saturday morning I laid in bed watching reading while John made us a delicious breakfast. This was my favorite one so far. It was a frittata and used healthier ingredients. They day was pretty nice out so John wanted to get in a quick bike ride and I was going to go on a walk. He borrowed his friends mountain bike last weekend because his had a flat tire so he was going to return it after his ride on Sat. After John left he came right back up and informed me that our bike lock and Wil's bike were gone. I tried to remain calm and told myself that Wil must have come to get the bike and just gotten the lock off somehow. Keep in mind there are like 7 bikes besides ours at our apartment building that aren't locked and could have easily been taken. John then informed me that Wil's bike is like a $1,300 bike so was probably more attractive to our local bike thieves. John called Wil and didn't mention the bike being gone but at the end of their call Wil said John should go for a ride on the bike today. When John got off the phone I said why didn't you tell him he is obviously playing a joke on us and has the bike. Finally he calls Wil back and says hey the bike isn't here, turns out Wil wasn't playing a joke on us the bike was really stolen. So the end result is that we just paid someone a lot of money for a bike we will never own and is frankly nicer than anything I have ever bought. I will leave out the rest of the details because it is still kind of painful. We eventually had to put it behind us and move on with our day. I was more upset that this thief had put a damper on our nice Saturday. That night we had tickets to our last Clippers game of the season and they were playing the Celtics so I was glad to go to this one. We were able to make it a date night because it was on a Saturday night. We went to downtown L.A. and had dinner and went to the game. Shaq was injured and didn't bother to travel with the Celtics, annoying. Sunday we did our usual activities of the Farmers Market, church, grocery shopping, and then we went on a hike. There are some trails we hadn't tried in the next town over and it turned out to be a really nice day of hiking
Last weekend was a little smoother than the previous. Friday night we were in the mood for some greasy American food so we headed to Duke's, the local bar, for some great fried food. They actually have some of the best food in town. We tried to play a game of pool after we ate but the tables were full. Instead we just went to get yogurt which is probably what we would both rather do. We then followed our Friday night tradition of catching up on all our favorite T.V. shows we had recorded. Crazy kids! Saturday we were a little queasy from all our greasy food on Friday night so we skipped the big breakfast. Instead we packed a lunch and go on our bikes and rode to the slot canyons near our house. We hiked around a little and then rode our bikes to state beach campground and had our picnic lunch. When I say we rode our bikes I mean I pushed my bike up a huge hill and complained a lot. Since the weather was amazing on Saturday I went down to the beach after we got back and went on a long beach walk while John surfed. Then since I couldn't force myself to stay inside I did a little shopping on Del Mar and walked to the library. Saturday night we finally made it to the Rider's Club to try their infamous burgers. We were not disappointed, they were delicious and juicy and I didn't leave one bite behind. John got his with goat cheese and it was amazing. We then watched Conviction which was a little heavy but it was a pretty good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment