I know I promised an Adventures in Babysitting part 2 but I wanted to do a quick recap of the past few weekends before I forget. The babysitting experiences are much easier to remember. After a month of non-stop weekends we finally had a couple of weekends free. We decided that we had to get some good hiking in before our trip to Yosemite Memorial weekend. On the 7th we headed to Poway Lake for a strenuous hike up Mount Woodson. We read about this hike online and knew there was a cool rock at the top. It was a very straight up hike but the reward at the top was worth it. Not only were there scenic views but there was a rock called Potato Chip ledge that was cool to walk out on. I did get a little nervous mainly because John seemed really nervous. The worst part was getting down from the rock. As our reward for our 8 mile hike we went to lunch in San Diego at Urban Solace. I got an amazing steak benedict. I don't normally like eggs benedict but this biscuit, steak, and egg combo just melted in my mouth. John got a duck macaroni dish that was also delicious. That night we met our with our pals David and Serena and we headed to the Irvine Spectrum. This is a massive outdoor mall and John hadn't been there yet. We had sushi and played some games at Dave and Busters. I was the big winner of the night, I pulled the handle on a game to get 500 tickets. After all our money spent on games we walked away with matching coffee mugs and candy.
On the 14th we were originally going to hike in L.A. but my friend in L.A. couldn't make it so we decided to stay closer to home. We hiked to Aliso Summit which was more of an urban hike. Meaning that parts of the trail were on sidewalks with cars whizzing by and we could have probably just parked at several points of the trail but what kind of workout would that have been. This hike was also like 8 miles but was much more flat than the last. We did have to do a lot of uphill on the way back and that short distance almost killed me. I should be nervous about our Yosemite hikes if that little incline wore me out. As always every good hike is rewarded with a good meal. We went to a place called Break of Dawn in Laguna Hills and it was great. I got an egg white Mexican dish trying to be healthy but there were lots of unhealthy parts to the dish that were great. John got drawn in by a macaroni dish again but this time it was full of short rib, cheese, Gouda, and bacon. It was great! If 2 entrees weren't enough we had to get the skillet cinnamon roll covered in whip topping. It was even better than it sounds, very hot and buttery in a warm skillet, yum.
Now I am finally up to last weekend, it feels good to get caught up. My freshmen roomy, Katie, was in San Diego for work and she was able to stay Sat. and Sun. night with us. She got there at like 3 on Saturday and we sat down at the beach while she got a little lunch. Then Brian got us tickets to see the Chivas play the L.A. Galaxy so we headed up to L.A. We stopped at the Redondo Pier before the game to walk around, I of course had to get a churro. Brian put our name on the list so we were able to valet our car under the stadium and head right in to the game. Our tickets were at will call so we found out we had to go out the entrance get our tickets from Will Call and head back in to the game, a little confusing but well worth it. The tickets were for the 4th row and the game was sold out so we were very lucky. I normally am not in to sports but the Galaxy have a player you might have heard of David Beckham and he is always worth watching. We spent most of the game snapping pics of Beckham. It was a very exciting game actually. We stopped at the Spectrum on the way back to get some much needed dinner. Our waitress at Johnny Rockets wanted to discuss the end of the world that was suppose to happen, interesting topic choice. Sunday we toured the farmers market and then all 3 of us had lunch by the pier. After our huge lunch settled we headed down to the beach. The clouds had cleared out and we got some good sun. We even saw John surf for a few minutes. John grilled us a great meal that night and we topped it off with some delicious Golden Spoon. I was sad to see Katie go Monday morning but we had a fun visit. Now I can spend the week getting ready for Yosemite!
No comments:
Post a Comment