Thursday, May 5, 2011

John's B-Day weekend part 1



So I have several weekends of information to convey but unfortunately all my work has a been getting in the way. I haven't had a weekend at home to relax in forever which means that I have lots to write about. Let me first take you way back to the weekend of 4/15/11, this is John's birthday weekend and Coachella weekend. I had to look back at my pictures to remember everything that happened. So let me jump write in by recapping John's birthday. Since we were going to be in the desert all weekend at Coachella I had to give John his gift on Thursday. If you remember John's parents were here last weekend so I didn't have any time then to prep for his birthday so I scrambled all week to get ready. I decided that since our $250 Zune Mp3 player died earlier this year (1.5 years after purchasing it) that I would get John a new one for his birthday. Since we will both be using it some might consider it a self serving gift but no more so than the 2 pieces of art he got me for my birthday that we both enjoy at home. So as you can see it wasn't a selfish gift and we would be spending a lot of money at Coachella which I also considered part of his birthday. I just don't want anyone accusing me of just buying something I would want. I am normally a very cheap person but for John's birthday this year I decided I would go all out and get him the new Ipod touch. Basically it does everything the Iphone does except you need a wifi connection for the Internet and you can't call people on it. We will mostly use it for music but I do love all the apps, camera, and video stuff. I wanted to load all the music on it for John, since he isn't super tech savvy so I had to get it ahead of time to start the process. I had been looking at them at Walmart for a few weeks and when I went on Monday to get it they just sold out, perfect. So now I had to drive 20 minutes to Best Buy and get it there, where of course I also purchased the 2 year coverage because if I didn't my husband would break it a week later. So as long as he doesn't lose it, which is a possibility, we are good for 2 years. I hid the gift away in my car and then the next day during my lunch break I went home to download the music. I didn't want him to know what I was up to so I tried to use the spare computer in the guest room to do the downloading but it is a piece of junk and after a wasted lunch break I realized it wouldn't work. So then I decided I would have to do it on the laptop. We have 2 user names but we always just go on under mine so I set John's up with a password and downloaded all the Itunes stuff under his user name so he would not see any evidence of what I was up to. I was up late converting all our songs to the right format for Itunes and was happy to finally shut everything down. Wednesday night was the night before I was going to give John the gift and I got on the computer after he went to bed to finish getting everything set up. When I went under our regular username I saw the Itunes shortcut and realized that the way Itunes saved on the computer the shortcut showed up under both usernames. I did panic yet because John hardly ever gets online at home and I figured he probably didn't see it. Then I checked the internet history and sure enough he had gotten on that day, great. I just had to hope that he was very unobservant. I also told myself that he probably knew he was getting an Ipod but wouldn't guess that I was getting him the nicer one. The next day I gave John all his gifts and he really liked them but like I said he is not super tech savvy so I am sure it will take some time for him to get used to it. Then he told me that the night before after he saw the Itunes shortcut he was laying in bed and guessed that I was getting him the Ipod touch. This really annoyed me because he always guesses his gifts before I give them and just one time I want to feel like I really surprised him with something he wanted. I just went on a walk to pout. Then I decided it wasn't the end of the world that he wasn't surprised and not to ruin the fun by pouting. I feel like this blog is already getting pretty long so I am going to make this part 1 of John's B-Day weekend and Coachella will be part 2, stay tuned. Also I had not pictures of this event so I thought some nice sunset pictures from our porch would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment