Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Arizona and my new nephew




I am about 2 weekends behind in my blogs, since I pretty much only blog about my weekends. I read other blogs and they offer helpful information or insightful thoughts, my blog is more just so people know what we are up to way out here in CA. I do not assume that my life is so interesting people desperately want to read about it but I think it helps me stay connected since I am not a good phone talker.
Now on to AZ. We were going to head to Phoenix after work Friday but after finding out traffic wouldn't allow us to get there until like 1AM and our neighbors were having a going away cookout we decided to leave Sat. morning. It was sad to say goodbye to our friends, they will be hard to replace. But since John and I have been a curse to every couple we met here I guess we should get used to them leaving us. Technically they didn't move until the next Friday so we had like 2 more going away parties. It was our first bonfire on the beach cookout so that was fun but it was freezing so we went to bed early. We headed out the door at like 6:15AM, not to shabby. I drove the first few hours then we stopped at the only exit for like 240 miles and he took over. We got to Phoenix at like 1 and Braxton was outside to greet us, only he ran away from us. We asked him if he could show us his new baby brother and then he decided we were worth messing with. The baby was asleep and Mom said we should pay attention to Braxton so he doesn't feel left out. From that moment on we didn't stop playing. He really does go non-stop. There is no drawing or watching movies. It is one activity to the next, inside, outside, room to room. I am honored that he lets me in the playhouse but the constant getting in and out is a little hard on the knees. John spent the afternoon at the lake with Brian on Sat. so I had to play hard on my own. I brought some toys for him and he likes to call them prizes, they definitely help you win favor. At lunch that day we celebrated Mom's birthday and I brought a cake. It was a devil's food cake but in the middle was a layer of Carmel, condensed milk, choc. chips, and pecans. Totally sinful and delicious. Since it is 1 million degrees in Phoenix and the thermostat doesn't go below 80 degrees in their house I didn't sleep well. I tried to tell myself I was camping out and that is why I was hot. I got up at like 1 AM and wandered around the house hoping to find a cool spot to lay. At about 5 AM I went and slept on the couch until Braxton got up at 7. Then we played until 8 PM. We had a cookout on Sunday and Brian made some amazing ribs and we ate way to much, that was the trend of the weekend. Braxton is very demanding, he is very specific about where you need to sit during imaginary games and what we should do for imaginary play. We do a lot of shooting monsters (with plastic golf clubs) and riding trains (patio furniture). I taught him what to say when you drive your car "honk honk move over, get out of my way" He picked up on it quickly. Of course we spent time with Bralon too. He is a very quiet baby as long as you hold him. He likes to be snuggled very tightly to your chest at all times but he also wants you to be standing up and bouncing or swinging. He likes to eat every 2 hours too. Kristy is tired but that is to be expected with a new baby. Mom leaves AZ today and I know she is ready for a break but I am sure Kristy is sad. Brian's parents come tomorrow though so she won't be alone. It took us 7.5 hours to get home on Monday because of traffic (it took 6 to get there). Eventually we got off the interstate and took a very pretty scenic way home that seemed to help John's road rage. I didn't drive on the way back I just read a book. We were very tired after a long weekend but luckily we just had a 4 day week.

No comments:

Post a Comment