Friday, June 11, 2010

A music filled weekend

So last weekend John and I were lucky enough to get tickets to the KROQ Weenieroast music festival in Irvine. Since we went to high school with most of the band from Cage the Elephant and they were performing they were nice enough to get John and I tickets. Not only did we get tickets but we got backstage passes. The first great thing about this was we didn't have to wait in the long line to get in to the concert, we got to just walk right through the backstage entrance. We were total dorks and took our pictures with our back stage passes. We got a hold of Brad and he showed us their tour bus that was parked in a great place backstage. We got to the venue at 2:30 and they didn't go on until 5:45 so we just got to hang out on the bus and wander around backstage. At one point they handed out free fatburgers so that was a nice snack, there will probably be a lot of food mentioned in this blog. We also saw Dr. Drew from celebrity rehab wandering around backstage and I took a funny picture of John standing behind him. We made our way in to the actual festival to watch CTE and there was a ton of stuff in the festival, lots of vendors. The band did great but since there were so many bands they only played a 30 min. set. We got a churro to satisfy our sweet tooth and then headed backstage again. We hung out back there until the main acts came on. Stone Temple Pilots and Sublime. Right before the main shows we consumed a tritip BBQ sandwich. STP was good but I only recognized like one of their songs. Sublime was the main attraction and they didn't go on until like 10. John loved Sublime growing up and I like them to but it seemed to be over really quick. On the way out we grabbed a funnel cake, you can't beat festival food, it just suckers you in no matter how much it costs. Keep in mind there is a store in Irvine that sells just funnel cakes but you have to get one when they are at a festival like that. We then went backstage again to say goodbye to Brad. It was funny because last year we saw them perform and we lived in Lexington and this year we saw them in CA, a lot changes in a year. We got home about 1 and I went right to sleep.
The next day after the farmers market we had a pretty lazy day, one of the first we have had since we lived here. I made fried chicken, not nearly as good as my mom's and cornbread also not like my moms but hey I am trying.
Have I mentioned the weather pattern called June gloom. This is basically when a thick layer of clouds hangs out right over the beach all day, nowhere else just over the beach. Since I live by the beach this effects me very much. It is totally fading my tan and ruining my beach time. The weather people keep saying the clouds should burn off during the day but they just keep hanging around. On top of that I found out today that June gloom is just a catchy name and this weather could extend in to July, boo. The people at work tried to cheer me up by telling how great fall weather is but I need a tan now!
I am trying out a new hairstylist this weekend wish me luck because this always stresses me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment