Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wyoming Wedding






So two weeks ago we headed to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for John's sister's wedding. Amy and Josh (the wedded couple) live in Alpine, WY just outside of Jackson. It is right next to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park. We got in late Tuesday night and then I worked on wedding stuff from sun up to sun down until the wedding on Sat. They got married near the mountains and it was very beautiful. The reception was held at the Hatchet Resort, kind of like a small motel in the middle of nowhere like you see in scary movies, but this is way more charming. I took a video and put it on facebook for family to see, if you would like to check it out the wedding just let me know. During the wedding Josh sang a full love song with groomsmen back-up singers and the dog delivered the rings. The weather was great there but the trip made me realize one of the things I love most about California, no bugs. It is probably enough of a reason to move here alone. You just keep your doors and windows open all the time because no bugs come in. You can sit outside all night and never get a bug bite. Unlike WY where every second you were outside you were literally getting eaten. My parents came to visit me at the resort in WY (they were in AZ). They got in town Friday and when I came back from the rehearsal lunch, mom was already in the hot tub. I was busy with wedding stuff most of the time they were there but on Sunday we took a 2 hour horse back ride. That was really my only WY adventure though. I did go to a birthday party for a 15 year-old. Since John and I had visited 2 years ago (when we got engaged) I had seen a lot of the sites and done some hiking so I wasn't as disappointed about missing out on the fun stuff. John and I got engaged 6/19/08, married 6/20/09, and his sister got married 6/26/10, funny huh.
John is getting a little better about flying (he has an extreme fear). It is like going flying with a little kid. You have to pack lots of distractions so that they don't cause a scene on the plane. We have to rent a DVD to watch on the plane, pack a meal to eat, and have plenty of reading material. We don't even have time to finish the movie usually but we can't take chances. This fear means I always have to take the middle seat because he can't have a freakout on the arm rest of a stranger. Whenever the plane makes the mildest movement John will grab the armrest or my hand with his sweaty hand and take deep breathes. I try to act annoyed by it so he won't be encouraged to keep doing it. You could say this is the tough love approach. Even when there is turbulance I have to act totally unphased so that he won't start screaming. It is fun. I am hoping with lots of practice he will get better. We got home from the trip at 1 AM and had to get up the next day for work, no fun. It felt so good to be home and in my own bed that it made me never want to leave again.
Coming attraction: Blog about the 4th of July

No comments:

Post a Comment