I don’t usually write random blogs but I have a funny story I want to share. Last Friday John came home with flowers. They weren’t the usually grocery store variety and he said that he had gotten them at this nice flower stand by the beach. I was like oh thanks for getting me flowers. I am not sure what he said next but for some reason I got the impression that he had gotten the flowers for our company coming that weekend instead of for me. I figured he saw how I flowers for the room when my mom came and he was trying to be nice and do the same for his friends. I was a little annoyed that he went out of his way to get these nice flowers for his company when I don’t usually get these nice kind. So I just set them to the side and later put them in a glass and put them in the guest bedroom. He walked by and asked if that is where I wanted to put them. I thought he was saying that there was a better place in the room to put them which annoyed me so I just walked out and said I didn’t really care. I was annoyed he was questioning my decorating choice. Then our company left on Tuesday and I brought the flowers out in to the living room and told John now that our company was one I was going to put the flowers out here and pretend he got them for me. He looked at me confused and informed me that he hadn’t gotten them for me because I was sick. He said he had been confused why I had just stuck them back in the guest bedroom instead of in our room or the living room. I then told him my train of thought from that day. We definitely had a miscommunication. I laughed all night thinking about how annoyed I had been and felt bad that he had been so thoughtful and I had been a jerk. I told him that I even wrote in my last blog about how thoughtful he was to get flowers for his friends room. Anyway, I am now enjoying the flowers and provided a picture for your enjoyment too.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Sweet Miscommunication
I don’t usually write random blogs but I have a funny story I want to share. Last Friday John came home with flowers. They weren’t the usually grocery store variety and he said that he had gotten them at this nice flower stand by the beach. I was like oh thanks for getting me flowers. I am not sure what he said next but for some reason I got the impression that he had gotten the flowers for our company coming that weekend instead of for me. I figured he saw how I flowers for the room when my mom came and he was trying to be nice and do the same for his friends. I was a little annoyed that he went out of his way to get these nice flowers for his company when I don’t usually get these nice kind. So I just set them to the side and later put them in a glass and put them in the guest bedroom. He walked by and asked if that is where I wanted to put them. I thought he was saying that there was a better place in the room to put them which annoyed me so I just walked out and said I didn’t really care. I was annoyed he was questioning my decorating choice. Then our company left on Tuesday and I brought the flowers out in to the living room and told John now that our company was one I was going to put the flowers out here and pretend he got them for me. He looked at me confused and informed me that he hadn’t gotten them for me because I was sick. He said he had been confused why I had just stuck them back in the guest bedroom instead of in our room or the living room. I then told him my train of thought from that day. We definitely had a miscommunication. I laughed all night thinking about how annoyed I had been and felt bad that he had been so thoughtful and I had been a jerk. I told him that I even wrote in my last blog about how thoughtful he was to get flowers for his friends room. Anyway, I am now enjoying the flowers and provided a picture for your enjoyment too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment