Tuesday, January 19, 2010

El Nino Day 2






I keep hearing people say, "it never rains here", "this is so unusual for us to get rain", "it usually only rains like 12 days a year here". These phrases are especially annoying considering it down-poured on Mon. and Tues. and is expected to rain for another week. Apparently I am experience a weather patter that happens every few years called El Nino. Today as a result of El Nino there was a tornado warning in Orange County. Tornados, I mean seriously I was prepared for all other natural disasters but not Tornados. Luckily other than running to an interview in the rain the weather hasn't been to annoying. Since I have a ton of work for Alltech to do I stay pretty busy inside working away in my bed or on the couch, right now I am enjoying the movie Australia becaues Aimee has every channel known to man on her cable package (I have included a few pictures of Aimee's place and my room and her dog GiGi who I am very fond of).
Luckily the sun has come out around 3 each day so I can sneak in some exercise. I am still nervous to run to far from the apartment because I want to be able to find my way back. I don't have an amazing sense of direction.
We did find out that we got the apartment we applied for and we are set to move in at the beginning of Feb. It is only a couple blocks from the beach and has an ocean view from the deck so we are pretty excited. I am also pretty sure I will be getting the job I have been interviewing for so all in all things are working out well. So I guess I shouldn't complain to much about El Nino.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us informed. I had wondered how you were doing with the bad weather reports from California. Good luck on the job!

    ReplyDelete