


Well the day finally came that John had to fly back to BG. We won't be seeing each other for a few weeks, which doesn't feel that weird the first day but by tomorrow I will be ready for him to be back here. I have to actually do some work for my old job tomorrow so I guess that will be a good distraction. It is so suppose to rain over the next couples weeks which everyone here is happy about because they have had such a long dry spell, I would prefer the dry spell.
While John was here I had a 1st interview at a company in San Clemente and I have a second interview there on Mon. The first interview went well and I am feeling optimistic. We are acting very optomistic because we looked at apartments in SC all day Friday. We really like San Clemente because it is a surf town and very laid back, it is also cheaper to live there than Laguna. We also went ahead and put in a rental application at an oceanview apartment a couple blocks from the beach. The down side is I have to use a coin laundry downstairs and there is no dishwasher. Also no apartments in SC have air conditioning, apparently the ocean breeze is suppose to keep us cool. John better hope it doesn't get to hot this summer because I can get grouchy when I am hot.
Sat. Aimee (the girl we are living with) and her boyfriend Matt took us on a tour of Laguna. We saw some local beach spots and had lunch at a rooftop bar by the beach, it was awesome. We spent the afternoon sitting on the beach in Laguna and then watching TV together that night. Since Aimee and Matt were out it felt like old times with us just sitting on the couch watching TV and having some dinner and wine.
John had to fly out of LA Sunday so we drove up early and saw Hollywood Blvd. We also spent like an hour at Pink's Hotdog stand. John tells me it is famous and it is 73 years old. There were tons of signed celeb. pictures on the walls so I guess it is popular but I don't think I will need to experience it again.
John hates flying so I hated to send him off on his own but after a 2 hour delay his plane took off.
You have always been a tough little girl. I know this will be an adventure for you both. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're writing this blog! I love hearing about what you guys have been up to since embarking on this great journey. Please know that I'll be praying for you guys :) ~Kristie
ReplyDelete