Thursday, January 21, 2010

Good News!

This morning I heard back from the company I was hoping to get a job with and they offered me the job. I start Monday! The name of the company is ICU Medical and it is located right in San Clemente where John and I wanted to live. I will only be like 5 miles from work. I think the work day starts around 8:30 there but I am not sure how late they work. It is business casual Mon - Thur and jeans on Fri. which I am super excited about. Unfortunately my old job hasn't hired a replacement yet so I will probably working a few hours a week for them on top of the new job. I guess the extra cash is good but I hope they get someone lined up for me to train soon. John and I also got the apartment we put an application in for in San Clemente. I am going on Sunday to take a look at it because the old tenants move out Sat. We will just be like 3 blocks from the beach and our porch has an oceanview so we are pretty happy. The downside is that it doesn't have a dishwasher, so John is going to have some serious dishpan hands. There is also no washer/dryer hookup in the unit so we have to go downstairs and use the coin laundry. I am not super excited about that but I guess you have to make sacrafices to live close to the beach. Also, most of the places we looked at didn't have AC, I guess the ocean breezes are suppose to keep you cool but I might have to supplement the breeze with some serious fans. Even during the summer there aren't suppose to be many days above 80 and it cools off at night but I am still nervous about it because I hate being hot. It does have 2 bedrooms, large kitchen and living room and a good size bathroom (only 1). We also get 1 covered spot and 1 uncovered spot for parking. I can't wait to check it out Sunday.
I am basically very excited for John to get out here, to get all my stuff moved in to our new apartment, and to make some new friends at work. There should be some fun new updates in the next couple weeks.

1 comment: