Sunday, January 24, 2010

My first weekend alone in CA








This was my first weekend without John in CA. I can't lie and say it wasn't lonely at times. I am a very independent person but I guess being married has made me more needy. I missed having my husband here to drive around while I looked out the window. I wanted someone to go on a hike with because I was scared of being abducted if I ventured off the main road on to one of the hiking trails. The biggest thing I have learned through all my experiences traveling is that it is always better when you are sharing it with someone else. There was no one else in the car with me to discuss things with and I knew John would have wanted to explore things that I wouldn't do on my own. Seeing our new apartment made me even more anxious for him to get out here. I am also anxious to get all my stuff here with me and make our apartment feel like home. To help pass my Sunday along I went to see Avatar. I am pretty sure this is the first movie I have seen by myself. I actually enjoyed it alot. I am not sure if the IMAX made it any better than it would have been in 3D but it was a nice distraction today. I start my new job tomorrow so wish me luck. It will probably make time pass even faster. I put some pictures up of our apartment, kind of before shots, I can't wait to get all our stuff in there and add a little character. Our luck has continued and the old renters left their fridge so now we don't have to buy one. What a break. I also met a couple that lives in the apartment and they are super nice. The guy is from Texas so his wife is use to a southern accent. He said he also suffers from saying ya'll. Everyone I have met has been very friendly and since I have an accent it usually leads to a discussion about where I am from and ends with them welcoming me to California. Stay tuned for my first day at a new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment