Saturday, February 13, 2010

Another work week down

I am trying to look busy at work until this workday is over. It has been a good week at work, donuts have been brought in twice and they were great donuts. Then today on top off it being jean day we went out to lunch. We went to a Qudoba type place but it is called Chronic tacos and is a local chain. I had a really good shrimp taco and then an average chicken taco that made me way to full. It could have also been the donuts earlier in the day too. My love of eating has not been hindered by my new location. I have also talked to several people this week about the area and have picked up some good info. Everyone agrees that San Clemente is one of the best beach towns in orange county and I second their thoughts. I love walking out to go to work in the morning and seeing the ocean and not freezing my legs off. It is also fun that everything here is completely new so you get to experience so many firsts. It is like when a new place opens up in town everyone wants to go try it to see what it is like. Here we are the only ones that are new so we have tons of options to try. Even grocery shopping means trying out 4 different stores to see which you like best. Even having a home phone that we will never use is fun because we haven’t had one since I moved out of BG.

Just a few observations that I thought of while I am trying to pass the second half of this Friday.
I think I didn’t fully consider the benefits of DVR, I only saw the costs and how it could help me watch TV. What I failed to consider is how it can record any sporting event so when I am home with John and want to watch something besides the big game he can just record it so we can watch something we both like. Or if we want to go to San Diego on Sat. and UK plays it is ok, we can just record it. I also get the benefit of recording shows I like and being able to watch them in half them time because you can FF the commercials, which means John is more willing to put up with a show like American Idol. It is definitely worth the $15 a month. Who knows maybe next I will spring and get text messaging.
Our apartment has French doors in the front (there are no back doors just for the record). One door has a little thing you push down at the bottom to lock it in place and the other door has a deadbolt. The funny thing is the deadbolt has to be locked with a key from the inside and outside. So when we go to bed at night we have to use the key to lock the door from the inside. Whenever I have seen scary movies with this type of scenario and the victim never has the key to get out I think how unrealistic who would have a lock you have to use a key on from the inside. Well now I am that person and I am traumatized from those movies that someone is going to be locked in the house with me and I won’t have the key to get out so we leave the key in the lock even once it is locked so I won’t have to look for it in case of a quick escape.
They have a yogurt store here called Golden Spoon, it is like my favorite place in Lexington call I Can’t Believe it’s Yogurt but on steroids. It has like 10 flavors of fat free yogurt and one is cake batter and it taste better than cold stone’s ice cream, I swear.
San Clemente only has like 3 or 4 fast food restaurants and wants to desperately stay a small local beach town.
People here really do say “no worries”
San Clemente was founded to be a small Spanish style town so all the streets are Spanish names. They all start with Avenida or Calle instead of ending in street or road. I speak no Spanish and can’t even fake it so I probably sound like such an idiot when I say street names here.
My company has a small gym in the downstairs that we can use but I am the only one that uses it in the evenings, I probably eat the most out of everyone too.
Dogs are welcome everyone but I haven’t seen one cat here.
I can’t listen to my satellite radio online at work because the site is blocked, this makes me want to shoot myself most days, hopefully work will get busier soon. But still slow enough for me to leave at 5. I can actually come in and leave with pretty flexible hours, I just have to get my 8 hours in.
Finally grocery shopping here has major ups and downs. Fresh fruits and veggies always in season and cheap is a major plus. The downside is because all the stores are smaller (no super walmarts) they have much smaller selections. Which means I either have to go to 4 different stores trying to get my favorite brands or I just eat what they have. Also no one here apparently eats light wheat bread or fat free cheese. Apparently they are so skinny and have such low cholesterol they don’t need these items here.
Luckily my boss just told me I could go home at 4 today, yippee!

1 comment:

  1. More blogs, more blogs, more blogs, more blogs!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete