Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Who knew banking would be so eventful

So yesterday I decided to open a new checking account, I will save you all the time of reading 2 of the 3 annoying things that happened as part of this process but one is funny enough to tell. I was going to enter the bank and a lady with a cane was working her way in too. Seeing how slow old people are I attempted to go in the other door and by pass her. She made it in just before me though and stared through the door at me and pulled it shut before I could come in. After she let go I made my way in and noticed that she was yelling nonsense things at the top of her lungs in the middle of the bank. I made my way behind the safety of the teller line rope and noticed that a manager came out to speak to the crazy homeless woman. I start to look at the crazy scene beside me and noticed whenever I looked at her she would be staring at me screaming. At one point I heard her yell “she thinks she is so cute doesn’t she” Seeing that she had a cane I was a little nervous that crazy lady was going to attack me and much like you don’t make eye contact with a wild animal I tried to keep from making eye contact with her. Eventually they got her back outside and the girl helping me came over. I told her how nervous the situation had made me but she seemed unphased. She said o”h that is just Clarice she comes in about once a day and usually starts calling someone a murderer. Her bark is worse than her bite I think, she is usually harmless. Luckily she doesn’t bank her so we can ask her to leave.” I thought great so when I go outside is Clarice going to attack me or my car with her cane.
Tonight I am going straight home to do laundry because after this time I will have to take my laundry to a shared washer and dryer. I also have to pack up my room and get it ready to go to our new apartment. John is staying the night in Lordsburg, New Mexico tonight and then he will be here tomorrow. I called some moving places to see if we could hire someone for a couple hours to help John move our furniture. This nice man told me that he should just drive by Home Depot Friday morning and there will be a line of guys waiting out front that he can pick from. Kind of odd but he acted like that was the normal thing to do around here. It made me wonder if this happens in KY and I just never noticed. They also have little bus stop looking areas called Day Labor sites where people can wait at and hope to get picked for a labor job that day. Hopefully John won’t end up there. I can’t wait to see how things go Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment