




So last weekend was a 3 day weekend which is always great! Sat. I got up and went for a run on the beach and then got John and I huge breakfast burritos from this little Mexican shop by our apartment. They were Qudoba size and very delicious but it didn’t take long for them to start kicking in your stomach. We got on the road to San Diego and it was a pretty drive down. We parked in the Gas Lamp district and just walked around checking things out, mainly restaurants. We had lunch and Rotten Nicky’s and I tried a new beer that was really good, I couldn’t spell it if I tried. Every little restaurant there has a patio to eat on and so it was nice to just seat outside a people watch while we ate. Apparently there was an earthquake in San Diego while we were there but we never felt a thing, apparently that is very common. We walked around just long enough to make room for ice cream and then we headed back to San Clemente. I am never really sure what to do when wandering around a new town other than eat and shop. Since we don’t shop that really only leaves eating. We did see the baseball stadium and lots of homeless people. Apparently San Diego is homeless central but I could see why they would like it there. That night consisted of John watching the UK game and various other basketball games, always exciting for me.
Sunday was Valentines so John cooked pancakes. It was Sunday so we made our trip down to the farmers market, where we bought veggies for the week and some amazing garlic bread. We also went to the Ace Hardware on our bikes to get some paint, we had to paint some of our white frames since all our walls are white and it is just to much white. Then we made a lunch and packed our stuff down to the beach where we spent a few hours. I mainly watched the surfers while John snoozed. We headed back to the apartment where I am pretty sure John continued snoozing while I went and ran errands. Which I have found that all surfers appear to be doing the exact same thing no matter how many times I watch them. It will be more fun once John is the one surfing. That night I cooked dinner for Valentines. At Trader Joes they had samples of Alfredo pasta with these little tiny lobster tail things mixed in and it was delicious so I decided to make that for dinner. I added broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, and spinach to ours, all thanks to the farmers market. I love to get free samples of meals at Trader Joes. That with our garlic bread and wine (also from Trader Joes and only 2.99) made for a fine meal. We were so stuff that we were both asleep on the couch an hour later, I know we are pretty wild.
Amazing I had Monday off so we went for a run together down by the beach and tried unsuccessfully to find a new trail. We then decided to ride our bikes to the thrift stores in search of something to put our TV on and we tried a new sushi place in town. I still haven’t found an amazing sushi place but maybe I need to try something other than their California rolls. Then we got back and it was only like 3 and the weather was so nice (75 and sunny) I went for a nice walk on the beach and watched some more surfers. Which I have found that all surfers appear to be doing the exact same thing no matter how many times I watch them. It will be more fun once John is the one surfing. Then because I could wait no longer I went to WalMart and bought a TV stand, not the perfect item but cheap and will do the trick. We are still on the hunt for patio furniture and a night stand though.
I am writing this at work today (Friday) which means it is jeans day and almost the weekend. During lunch I am going to the Rainbow sandals store here, apparently they are made in San Clemente so they are much cheaper. I have to check it out. I also have to get John’s Valentines gift this weekend which I have been unable to find and can’t reveal until I give it to him, even though he doesn’t read the blog and said he wants everyone to know he doesn’t write any of this. I told him that would be pretty obvious to everyone.
Oh yeah, so Wednesday I decided to try to beat the sunset and get a run in after work instead of going to the gym and right when I got home this crazy mist came over everything. It wasn’t like rain but it was like a thick mist and I felt like I was in a scary movie. John found out the next day that it was fog. It was the craziest thing, these huge clouds of fog were just on the ground and you could see but like 20 ft in front of you and it was like the ocean wasn’t even there. They said that doesn’t happen very often though. This weekend is suppose to be rainy so it probably won’t make for a very good blog. This has gotten long so I am going to stop writing now.
just in case you thought maybe no one was reading this... you're wrong!! I'm reading! :)
ReplyDelete