




This was my last weekend in CA alone, John will be arriving Thursday and I am so excited. Friday night started off with me working out and watching TV and a tuna fish sandwich, pretty exciting. Sat. I got myself out of bed and went for a run outside, it was a beautiful day. Then I went to Hermosa beach to visit my old GHS friend Carolyn Parker. We rented some bikes and road down the boardwalk. We rode down to Redondo pier and checked out the arcade, shops, and food. I had my first Churro, which is like a big soft cinnamon stick, of course I loved it. I took some pictures but you won’t see Carolyn or the bikes in any of them, I need to work on my photography. It was a lot of fun and made me excited to get my own bike.
Later that night I went in my room to watch Cops at 8 and the next thing I knew I woke up and 2 hours had gone by. I woke up wanting a snack and luckily Aimee and Matt brought me home a blizzard and put it in the fridge. This was in exchange for the yogurt that I got everyone the night before, this ice cream might get dangerous for my waistline.
Sunday I did the only thing I know to do to pass the day away, I went and saw a movie. I knew John wouldn’t want to see the Lovely Bones so it was my main choice. I wasn’t sure if I would like it either but I heard things so I went and saw it. This isn’t a movie critic website but since I see so many movies maybe I should add that element. John and I have very similar taste in movies so he will agree with me on my reviews but I have found other people tend to like movies I hate so feel free to disagree with my review. I am more of a suspense/drama/action kind of girl so there won’t be many romantic comedies on my list unless they have Sandra Bullock who I really like. Anyway, Lovely Bones I would give a C+, here are the primary reasons for that score: I thought it was very cheesy and stupid how when they showed the dead girl in her in between land it was so mystical and colorful, waste of time and stupid, just let her commentate without the cheesy effects; I did enjoy the real time/real life parts of the movie and my favorite part is when Lindsey goes in the house; I thought it was super stupid how the dead girl took over the weird girls body for her first kiss, I would have much rather her alerted someone to where her body was than get a kiss; Of course there is one other obvious pro and that is Marky Mark, I love me some Mark Walberg (not sure about that spelling). Perhaps I will put my movie reviews in italic font so they will be easy to skim over if you have no interest.
John and I have already discussed how behind we are on seeing several movies that are out, this moving has gotten in the way of our movie watching.
Anyway, on to a new work week and John’s arrival on Thur., which I can’t wait for! I call him every hour or so to check on his progress which I think is getting a little old based on the tone in his voice. He is stopping in Dallas on Tues. night and staying with his aunt. Then Wed. night in a motel and his arrival on Thur. if all goes as planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment