So I still haven't taken pictures of the apartment now that we are all moved in but I promise I will take them this weekend. I want to take them during the day because you can see everything better. It is really starting to feel like home though. John got in Thur. night and was very tired from 3 straight days of driving. We had some Fatburger to revive ourselves and then parked the rental truck on a hill outside the apartment that we could see from our window. John insisted we keep the blinds open so we could see if someone was breaking in to it but this also meant 40 street lights shining in to our room, needless to say I didn't sleep much. I kept waking up and looking for the rental truck. On Friday I headed off to work and John went to pick up a day laborer to help us move in. In Laguna beach there is a place that looks like a bus stop where people looking for a job for the day wait. John drove up in the truck and several men rushed towards him and he hired a nice guy named Pedro for the morning. He only costs like $50 for 3 hours so he was a real still, I did buy him a bottled water and granola bar though. Later that day the cable guy came, super important. When I got off work everything was in but not unpacked yet.
We spent all day Sat. unpacking, I was very sore and tired when it was all over. It rained Sat. so it was a good day to be inside unpacking.
Sun. was tons of fun. We went to the farmers market in the morning and got some fresh veggies. Then we went to Walmart. Then we rode bikes on the beach. I got a used bike from a coworker for super cheap so I am pretty excited, I am sure pictures will follow. We recorded the super bowl since it comes on at 3:30 here. We grilled out that night and watched the game. It was a great day and hopefully typical of weekends to come.
When I left the apartment to go to work I was still amazed that the ocean was right outside my front door. We are pretty lucky.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This sounds awesome D!! I am so excited for you. I wish we could walk to a farmer's market in February!!! :) Glad you are having fun and that you are reunited with your hubby.
ReplyDeletePedro told me he appreciates you buying him a granola bar and water. Way to take that Southern Hospitality to the West Coast.
ReplyDelete